Headlight Restoration Services in Chattanooga
Your headlights are one of the most important aspects of your vehicle. They provide the light that you need to see clearly at night. Over time they can get cloudy and covered in oxidation. This could greatly reduce visibility and negatively affect the overall aesthetics of the vehicle.
If you live somewhere like Chattanooga, where deer are everywhere, clear headlights are extremely important.
Our Headlight Restoration service can restore and revitalize oxidized/dirty headlights.
We offer this service as an add-on which means that we require it to be paired with another service such as our Full Exterior Detail or Interior Deep Clean.
Here's Our Headlight Restoration Process
- Prep – in this step we clean the headlights and apply tape around them to protect the surrounding paint.
- Sand with 800 grit sandpaper – this removes most of the oxidation
- Sand with 1,000 grit sandpaper – from this point we are removing the marks left by the more coarse sandpaper
- Sand with 1,500 and 2,500 grit sandpaper – the headlights will begin to clarify
- Sand with 3,000 grit sandpaper – last sanding step to reaching ultimate clarity
- Compound – in this step we use a compound paste and polisher to remove remaining sanding marks
- Polish – using polish and a polisher, we achieve ultimate clarity
- Protection – we apply a coating to protect the finish and clarity of your headlights
Can you perform a Headlight Restoration service at my home?
Yes, we are completely mobile so we come to you anywhere in Chattanooga, TN for all of your detailing needs.
Why are my headlights yellow/foggy?
Headlights are exposed to the exact same elements that your paint is. The difference is that the clear coat doesn’t last nearly as long on your headlights as they do on your paint.
Is there a limit to this service?
Sometimes, there may be permanent damage to your headlights. In this case, we will get the headlights looking as good as possible.